GLASS BEDDING RIFLES
GLASS BEDDING RIFLES.
THE FOUNDATION OF RIFLE ACCURACY
PILLAR BEDDING METHOD
The single most effective improvement a rifle shooter can do to his rifle is bedding the barreled action properly, with two part epoxy compound, like Bisonite, Devcon, Acraglas, Micro bed, or other quality epoxy bedding compounds.Which all rifle shooters can perform, given good instructions.
I personally like to work with Bisonite and have for over 37 years. A rifle, no matter the accuracy level it delivers in un-bedded state, will increase its accuracy and overall performance after Pillar bedding. I have over 37 years experience in this bedding method. There is NONE better ! I have a rifle I made myself, that broke a 20 year old world record in Heavy Bench Class 1988 at IBS Nationals in Ohio USA, which is pillar bedded and still shooting the same! Rifles from manufacturers such as, Remington, Winchester, Savage, Browning, Mossberg , Marlin, Howa, Harrington & Richardson,Weaterby, Sako, Tikka, Mauser, Brno,Colt, Sig Sauer, Voere, Anschutz, Walther, Beretta, Taurus, and all other bolt action rifle types, will benefit increased accuracy Pillar Bedding them. PERIOD !
Rifle Bedding Book. Glass Bedding Rifles.
English, Chinese . French, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, German,
Spanish, Greek, Hindi, Russian, Korea, Japanese, Arabic.
Glass bedding video introducing Rifle Bedding Book.
Here are few of the main benefits of the Pillar Bedding.
1. Even and stress less seat of action in stock, both walnut and fiberglass.There will be no bending of action when guard screws are tightened into stock. Bending of action will happen when seat in stock is not even. Usually this is a magnum problem, to overall performance of rifle,scope,and sighting in.
2. Perfect fit of action to the stock,eliminating all micro movement between firings.Better group accuracy
3. Less vibration of barreled action in stock when firing.Better group accuracy
4. Rifle holds "sighting in" adjustments, from one hunting season to another.Sighting in of rifle can change in unbedded state,due to the nature of the wood and fiberglass stocks. Wood can warp,bend,and expand,caused by temperature changes and moisture differences.Fiberglass stocks can aftercure and warp and bend,non less than walnut stocks. These changes can ruin good accuracy,if rifle was good before.
5. The Pillar bedding method eliminates the effect of changing wood or fiberglass in stocks, so the accuracy and rifle sighting in,is not affected during changes as in warping,bending,
expansion,and after curing of fiberglass stocks.
6. Bedding Increases accuracy, sometimes by up to 150 % in group size. For example a rifle shooting 1 to 1.5 inches at 100 Meters/yards may give you 0.500 to 0.700 inch groups after bedding,and even better! Rifles that are performing better in unbedded state will increase accuracy,as an example from 0.500-.700 inch groups and go down to 0.250 to 0.350 inch groups! After Pillar Bedding.
Think about the potential this will give you at longer ranges, lets say out to 500 yds/meters or further out ?
The Rifle Bedding Manual is a Pdf E-Book,with clear,comprehensive and descriptive photographs and instructions and guidance,in how the average rifle shooters can professionally pillar bed their rifles.
Resulting in improved accuracy and consistency.The only thing needed is a Bedding Kit,few common tools,battery drillmachine,wood chisels and sandpaper etc. and good instructions which are in the Rifle Bedding Manual.Easy to follow instructions step by step of a bedding method that has over 37 years in use.The most accurate rifles for Precision Bench Rest Competition, are bedded by this pillar bedding method. This bedding is used for varmint rifles, hunting rifles, tactical rifles, and target rifles. The terms: action bedding, stock bedding, glass bedding, rifle bedding, pillar bedding, are all used to describe, the method, when the barreled rifle action is properly bedded with 2 part epoxy compound into the rifle stock, to increase the accuracy of the rifle.
To you dedicated rifle shooter,"only accurate rifles" are interesting, and worth owning and shooting. Do you agree ?
The rifle bedded in Rifle Bedding Book, is Remington 40X-BR From Remington Custom Shop. For illustration purposes.
Copyright. Digital Certificate. Birgir Runar Saemundsson.
Varmint rifle in cal.222BRS. Win 70 Action, Hart Barrel
Rifle is pillar bedded. Owner Hjalti Stefansson makes,
frequent "head shots" at 150 to 230 Meters !